The odd question I am always asked, "Is she a good baby?" makes me smile. Because what this question really means is, "Does she sleep through the night?" The answer is no. She does not sleep through the night. But does that make her a bad baby? No. She is a good baby. She's an amazing baby.
My baby Maryn is sweet. She holds my face in her hands. She rubs my chest as she nurses. She sits quietly on my lap and watches attentively.
My baby Maryn is curious, investigative, and smart. She wants to jump out of our arms to investigate things, especially the cat. She turns her toys in her hands staring at them with a puzzled look on her face. She stares at her hands for minutes at a time, folding them and unfolding them, turning them and tasting them.
My baby Maryn is active and energetic. She's hardly taken naps since the day she was born. She bounces, she jumps, she rolls both ways, she kicks and laughs in the water, and will kick so hard that she moves herself practically across the room when she lays on the floor.
Last night I slept without my baby Maryn, and was able to sleep with John for the first time in a very, very long time. I laid there for an hour, exhausted but wide awake, thinking about my baby Maryn, her past, her future, and how much I love her. I'm going to start letting her cry in her crib so she can begin sleeping in her bed. But the transition will be harder for me, as I try to fall asleep in the quiet, without the sweet lull of her breaths, without her little hand reaching out to be sure I'm still there.
I'm so glad I took a few months to sleep with my baby, but this phase is over now. And I'm going to be crying a lot in the next few days, I think.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are a great mom! I will be praying for you as you make this transition! I bet it was nice to sleep with your hubby again, though!!! She's going to be great and you'll be glad you did it once she works herself through the crying. Call me if you want to chat. We had to deal with a lot of crying to get where we are - and still have to, at times!
I know what you mean. The first I slept with out Libs I was so sad, and I cried and thought about her the whole night. Sometimes I ask Kev if we can have a sleep over with her in our bed, b/c even though she is right across the hall, I miss her so much!
She is a GOOD baby, and cherish those times she wakes in the night b/c they wont last forever.
I think that she is petite compared to Libby though. We go for her 4 month on Monday and I am bracing myself to hear what her weight is...I'm thinking heavy!
Keep up the great work mom!
By the way, I think I'm a bad influence and definitely feed into the lies woman are told b/c when I read your post about deserving a cookie, I kept thinking, go ahead, you do deserve a cookie! The Lord is still working on me. :)
I am so glad you finally know what I go through with you away from me. You will never get over this feeling but you will learn to cope with it and enjoy the time you do get to spend together.
Mom, that is sad!!!
I love your mom. She knows exactly when to throw the guilt trips at you.
Every morning after Richard leaves for work, all of the girls come in bed with me. I love it! I'll be so sad when they are too old to want to sleep with me.
Post a Comment