Monday, January 05, 2009

Everything's Going to be All Right

Mmhh it feels so good to be typing away on our new little laptop while John watches TV and Maryn bounces away. I love multi-tasking.

God has been teaching me so much lately.

When our computer died, when the landlord said we'd have to pay for all repairs to our flooded house, and since I've heard nothing from anyone about babysitting...I actually walked through our house and thought about what we could possibly sell.

But none of our possessions are really worth anything. We have a lot of STUFF. Worthless stuff.

So why do I struggle with jealousy at the possessions of others? Because I really don't want more. And I know that life isn't easy for anyone, and I am grateful for all that I have, especially my friends and family.

So why do we live here? Away from people that are closest to my heart? Just because we have jobs here. Because we have money here. Does God even want us here? These are all questions I've been asking myself. I don't have the answers, but I know it will all be OK.

8 comments:

bcl said...

It will be okay. Plus if you moved I would cry for like a month. Okay maybe that's a bit dramatic :) but I would miss you!

Anonymous said...

Trust me... I cry for more than a month when you aren't here.

Anonymous said...

Trust me....your mom is telling the truth about the crying. Kent just asked her the other day how bad it was when you left and she started to cry right then and that was his answer. He should have known not to ask her such a thing!
Men!

Anonymous said...

oops! I probably shouldn't have written that on here, cuz she is probably crying again as she reads it! SORRY :o(

Cathy

Anonymous said...

You can have money in Ohio too! Let's go for the best of both worlds!

Anonymous said...

Your right Cathy...here I go again
:(

Amanda said...

I really don't like any of you.

Anonymous said...

You know you love us! You can't help it cuz we're so lovable!!!

Love ya much!!!!!!!

Cathy