Today we had Maryn's four months appointment, and Dr. Brown was surprised to see that Maryn already has some teeth popping through. We were also given the go-ahead to start giving her oatmeal (the dr. said she notices that rice cereal makes babies constipated). So we gave her oatmeal for lunch. She is in the 50th percentile in weight (13 lbs. 8 oz.), height and head circumference. In other words, she's perfect. Dr. Brown was also surprised to see that she is rolling over both ways and she definitely thinks we should get a jumper or exersaucer. We think a jumper would be best because she wants to BOUNCE. If you all have any suggestions, let me know!
On the way back from the doctor, we stopped at the park. The little boy I babysit played with the other 15 or so 2-5 year olds that were there. The park is amazing. I don't want to post pictures of any of the kids I watch, but the park has a place where kids can dig for "artifacts," a little ropes and climbing course, a little zip line, and some of the coolest equipment I've ever seen. I can't believe how cool playgrounds are getting.
We stopped at McDonald's on the way back. And the kids I watch actually ate their food. For once. Hmm.
And Maryn had her first ever swing in a bucket seat swing! She loved it! And she loves food! Here she is, being such a big girl.
I think we need to bring a hat next time, Mommy...
3 comments:
Oh me me...I have a jumperoo AND an exercauser. You can borrow them. Hannah is no longer interested. Would you want both (one for upstairs, one for down) or just one? And, of course you don't HAVE to take either...but, they are FREE.
Oh yes, come play with our toys!!! We'd love it :) Yeah for Maryn and a great check up. Hope is on oatmeal too. Our doc (well, we go to same office as you) said the same about constipation. :-) Is she trying any veggies? Hope has LOVED all of them. It's hilarious! Let's get together soon :)
the last pic on there looks like she is saying, "I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing!" LOL
Cathy
Post a Comment