Monday, January 24, 2011

More Maryn Says

We were singing that song that goes:
Mommy:  Did you milk my cow?
Maryn:  Yes, Ma'am!
Mommy:  How did you milk her?
Maryn:  Squish, squish, squish!
Mommy:  Did the milk taste good?
Maryn:  Yes, Ma'am!
...and so on.  After the song, I asked her, "Where does milk come from?"
Maryn replied, "Breasts."


We were coming home from the movie theater where Maryn had eaten lots of candy and fruit snacks.  She was begging for more on the way home, so I told her, "Maryn, you can't eat gummies all day or else you will get holes in your teeth!"

Maryn replied, very dramatically and with all the attitude of a 14 year old, "Look!  Ahhhh," opening her mouth wide, "I have. NO.  HOLES.  IN.  MY.  TEETH."

Maryn loved her first movie.  We (John, Maryn and I) saw Tangled while Josiah went to a babysitter's house.  She sat fairly well considering she's a two year old, but she did want to talk almost the whole time.  She seemed to understand the movie pretty well.  She knew the "mother" was a bad woman and I told her she wasn't really Rapunzel's Mommy.  So she went through the entire movie shouting, "HER MOMMY!  She lost her mommy!"  When the family reunited at the end, she shouted, "She found her Mommy!  That's her mommy!  And that's her girl!"

I loved seeing Tangled with my own little girl.  It is a great mother-daughter movie.  Two thumbs up!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So cute!!