Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Josiah, 5 1/2 Months Old

I have been writing this post in my head for a long time.  Josiah is five and a half months old now and full of personality.  I never really understood with my first baby how much she really had such personality so early.  So, not to compare them in a bad way, but now I see that, wow, babies really do have little personalities so early. 

Maryn was very intentional in her actions.  When she would grab her toys, she would first concentrate very hard and carefully reach out and grab her toy on the first try.

Josiah is impulsive in his actions.  When a toy is placed in front of him, he is very quick and will flail and yell until he gets it.  He's getting better and usually gets it immediately.  He also LOVES toys.  Maryn was pretty content to sit in her bouncy seat and watch the lights, watch people, be held and loved on.  Josiah lights up when there is a toy in his midst, a person in his midst, ANYTHING, and he wants it.  He gets what he wants not by crying or intentionally and carefully going for it (like Maryn), but by "flirting," smiling, giggling, reaching, flailing, scooting in a complete state of excitement and joy.

John and I predict he is going to be the family goofball.  He is just a sweet, silly little guy who loves to be cuddled and tickled.  He loves to play.  Josiah is fun, fun, fun. 

I love being Maryn's mommy.  She keeps me on my toes.  We bicker already and I know there will be hard times ahead as we have a battle of wills almost every day.  But she is extremely bright, very intuitive, intentional and serious about whatever she does.  She is hard working and will probably become more creative and imaginative as she grows. 

I love being Josiah's mommy.  He is all smiles, all play, all about fun and possibly some day, mischief too.  He will probably be a busy little man as he grows and perhaps won't be able to sit still for longer than two minutes.  So for now he is my cuddle bug, my little butter bean.  :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are such a great mom! I love it.