When I decided to take my brother and sister to the pool today, I knew for certain that I absolutely must find a book to read. Without a library card and without any money, this proved to be a challenge. So, digging beneath my mother's romance novels and other books by authors who come out with a new title every other week, I caved and decided to begin the Left Behind series. Sigh.
It's not that I have anything against the Left Behind series. It's interesting and makes one think, reflect, and spurs conversation, I guess. But these books are just kind of "ehhh..." If you can understand that sound in writing.
I'm not really into Christian fiction. I'm not into it at all. I love Christian non-fiction and non-Christian fiction. Where is the next C.S. Lewis? Come on, God. Could you please give some Christians talent for fiction?
Anyway, it was pretty hot for good ol' Ohio today. After receiving a good splash by Jordan and Sara, I went back to my towel to absorb some UV rays and prayed, outloud I think, "Oh Jesus, please come back for me now. Please let the rapture be today!"
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment