I really love to cook. It's fun to create things you know others will enjoy...and it's highly likely that if it's really good, people will remember it. If it's really bad, it can be thrown away and no one has to eat it. On the other hand, if it's sort of bad, people may eat it but they'll forget about it before long.
So right now I'm baking cookies. The trouble with cookies is trying to make them all the same. My first batch was perfect. It always is. The second batch I made too big. The third batch I burnt. Darn it.
I'm hiding the third batch for my family to eat. They don't mind burnt cookies. Pretty much anything with butter, sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate they'll eat.
The cookies are peanut butter cookies made in the shape of little koala bear heads with Hershey Kiss noses and brown Reese's Pieces eyes. Cuties. I'll have to make these for my class when we do a unit on bears.
Monday, July 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't worry about burning that third batch. It's a family trait. I can't remember mom ever making cookies without burning the last batch, and I myself, have burned many a last batch. I think it's because by that time, you are cleaning up the mess and just simply forget about them. The koala bears sound really cute. You'll have to give me the recipe. Love, Cheryl
Oh! It's super easy. I used the butter flavored Crisco recipe (but if you can find peanut-butter flavored Crisco, I highly recommend using that). Anyway, just make peanut butter cookie dough as you usually do (even if it's out of a tube of pre-made dough), form it into one large ball and two smaller ones like a bear, and then smash them down a bit so that all the parts are formed together. Then use whatever to decorate the faces. A lot of them fell apart on me. They need a lot of time to cool before taking them off the sheet, or their poor little ears fall off.
Do they acutally make a peanut butter flavored Crisco? I've never heard of that. Thanks for the recipe.
They do! You can get it at Publix in Naples! I was thinking about checking at the Smucker's store sometime. You'd think Orrville would have it.
Post a Comment