I have finished reading the book. I finished yesterday or the day before actually, and I'm still recovering. I ached to find out the mystery, to complete the novel, and finally, I did. It took some skimming and some skipping, but I successfully arrived at the end after a couple days. Well, I wish I hadn't tried quite so hard, because now I have nothing to do.
This sort of thing has been happening to me for years. I get addicted to a book, its characters, its plot, and I can't get away from it. I stay up till all hours of the morning reading it, and when I'm not reading it, I'm thinking about it. Well, now it's over. And when it's over, I go into this post-partum phase. I mope around the house because I have nothing to read. I don't even WANT to read anything because what I want to read has already been read. But I'm not ready to move in to a new plot with new characters. I'm not ready to get to know a new protagonist.
So, that is how today was. I mean, I went out to eat with the family and I went shopping, but other than that, I felt at a loss. I have been reading a bit of John's old pharmacology book. It's actually pretty interesting. I try to take notes so that I can remember what I'm learning and maybe be smarter than John someday. But I really just want Robert Langdon back, along with Vatican City. And the pope.
I never thought I'd ache for anything Catholic :)
"Thank you, Father. I'll take the wine. You can keep the wafer."
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I know just how you feel!!!!!!!! That is the worst feeling in the world... you stay up so late and you think and dwell on all the characters and the plot. Then after it's over you keep reliving in. Sometimes you even talk in the dialect the book is written in. You wish there were a sequel so you wouldn't have to give it up. Yes...yes, I completely understand. :) And to start another is so dreadful because you know you will become completely, utterly engrossed once again. Only to have everything happen in the same way.
Post a Comment