Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Count 'em!

1, 2. TWO more days of school and then it's home time for me!

In other news...

JOHN is getting baptized in the ocean! Tomorrow or Friday. I hope it isn't freezing like it was today. Brrrrrrr!

SUSAN is picking me up at the airport on Saturday and then we're going to Veronica's.

VERONICA is having a party. I wonder who will be there? I hope I see as many people as possible!

I got a cocoa/latte maker. It's kind of silly because all it really does is mix up your drinks and heats them at the same time...which isn't difficult to do by hand. But hey, this does it 4 servings at a time. I'm diggin it.

the COCOA maker came in handy yesterday when my class and I re-enacted THE POLAR EXPRESS. I served hot cocoa in nifty little Christmas mugs with marshmallows, they had candy with"nougat" centers (like in the book) and they even got Christmas bells (like the children did in the book). We sang Christmas carols (like they...you know). It was way fun.

THE POLAR EXPRESS movie was AWESOME. The movie itself was decent, but my students were by far the most well-behaved, and their little faces were just lit up with awe the entire time. They loved it! AND we had enough money for everyone to have a "Reel Meal," thanks to those of you who made donations :) THANK YOU!!!!

DO TRY Starbucks' white chocolate mocha. It's to die for. Mom, you would like it, too. I promise!

MY COOKIES for our Christmas cookie exchange were the best. AND my mentor teacher's chocolate chip cookies are not nearly as good as the choc. chip cookies I make, and her students' are out of control. I say all this just because she always acts like she's so great and wise and wonderful and perfect and she is always bossing me and my students around. WELL! At least I can make some darn good cookies. So there!

MY GRANDMA CURIE deserves the credit for that, however. Special thanks to Grandma for passing along that tradition, as it's the only thing I really have to remember you by.

Take care all, and goodnight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you have more memories of your grandma than that. Remember the cheese whiz? Hurry home and congratulations. ( you know what I mean)