Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I feel...

...confused.
...like I might be getting sick.
...exhausted.
...annoyed by my students.
...angry that I can't afford an apartment.
...angry that I will rent an apartment anyway and then I will be poor.
...angry that I did "everything right" (college, waited for marriage/kids, etc.) and I am still a middle class citizen that doesn't qualify for anything, get any special rewards, and therefore I've ended up as probably the most unfortunate class in America.
...angry that my lower-level poverty children are asked all the time to donate money to kids stricken by the hurricane when my students don't have clothes to wear or books to read, either.

But...goodness how thankful I am, still, anyway, despite all that. But it still bothers me sometimes :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remain calm. You are young...you have a lifetime to get pissed off about middle class America. Just think you will only live to be 80-95 years old.

No really.....everything will work out. Hang in there!!!

Love,
JR