Okay, so I hate to sound desperate. But, here's the deal.
The first grade teachers and I are taking our students to see "The Polar Express" next Wednesday. The catch is that we have to have loads of lesson plans surrounding the trip and we have to pay for it. That means 450 dollars for 3 buses, packing our own lunches, and paying a $6.00 admission fee for each child (117 of them).
I normally don't support the whole "Santa Claus" thing a whole lot, but I've been stressing to my students that it's important to BELIEVE in something. Most of these children have very little. 2 of my 17 students have been to a movie theater and the other 15 have not. I promise it is a learning experience for them as they have very little experiences, and it is very special to them, and it will make their Christmas one to remember.
Therefore, if you can send ten dollars, or anything you feel obliged to, please do. Anything left over I will use for books for my classroom.
It's just ten dollars! Ten dollars will send one student, pay for their part of the bus, and pay for a lunch. Maybe even some popcorn :)
Thank you, and Merry Christmas!!!!
Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda,
It's Sunday and I just saw your request. I am sending a check to you, but I know it won't get there by Wednesday. Maybe it will help anyway.
Love and Merry Christmas,
Aunt Vicky
Post a Comment