Top 10 Ways I was All Grown Up Today
10. I wore my grown up brown pants and...
9. my water bra.
8. I watched Dr. Phil for a full five minutes.
7. I'm writing a math lesson on nickels and pennies. I've mastered counting by fives! I'm a big kid now :)
6. I was the big dog group leader in my Arts class.
(Which is funny because in that class whenever I'm in a group, everyone assumes I'm going to be the leader and I tried to avoid it today but everyone else's ideas were dumb, so I took over and ended up....singing "We're Going on a Muskie Hunt" in front of 30 people. But I got to shake a maraca.
5. Kendra and I had a great discussion over dinner about birth order and the effects it has on our lives.
4. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...and the jelly was Smucker's Boysenberry Preserves, my favorite. Which is very grown-up, I'd say.
3. I read my History of Christianity book for an hour and a half.*
2. I wore dressy clothes all day long.
1. I drank a nice big mug of cafe latte this morning before I went over to the elementary school (thanks Johnnie :)).
*This means there's a footnote about my History of Christianity book...
So the writer of this book is...not a good textbook writer (Autumn, where are you when I need ya?).
Anyway, he talks and talks about the most boring things and he'll talk about one whole country for two sentences and then skip to some completely different country...but in today's reading he talked about some interesting things just splat in the middle of Portugese exploration and smallpox killing half of the "Amerindians" and some here-and-theres about John Calvin burning people at the stake...
It turns out that Martin Luther tried being a celibate monk, but he changed his mind and married Katy, who was a nun. "They continued habits of the monastic life...but they increasingly valued married life...because of the strength for living that it gave marriage partners."
Anyway, the really funny part is that this author writes about A WHOLE COUNTRY for two sentences, but he went on and on about how Mrs. Katy Luther...
wrapped her sick husband (Martin) in a sheet filled with heated horse manure and got him really super drunk in order to help him pass his kidney stones so that he could make it to an important conference...so he was wrapped in poop and drunk in a wagon all the way to this conference...and sure enough, he passed those daggone kidney stones and went to that conference.
Thursday, October 02, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment