On Jessica Simpson
Okay, so it's common knowledge these days that Jessica Simpson is a complete airhead. I don't think little girls should idolize her or anything, and feminists could say she just blows the female image "we've striven for" into the ground, but you know what? I like her. I think I would be her friend. I'd make fun of her a lot, but she would laugh and it would be all right. I don't like it that some people constantly make fun of her. So she doesn't clean. I wouldn't either if I were her. She knows she's not the most intelligent person in the world and she of course never claimed to be (she says, "I always thought it was 'plati-mu-pus'"). Yeah, she says some dumb things on national television. But heck, I say dumb things all the time, you know? Most people do. What if Lindsay had said, "Every year I feel older," on national television? Leno would have a field day with stuff like that. Though it might be sad, it is true, Jessica Simpson is an accurate representation of our generation, at least a part of it, and good heavens, she's beautiful, she's talented, so if she were a genius, she'd be flippin' perfect. And no one is perfect, afterall. Is it that only smart people should be rich? Heck, what would the world be like with a million Bill Gates' walking around? Think about all the 4.0 students here at Muskingum College...what if ALL the rich people in the world were just like them? The only ones on Tv, the only ones to write music, the only ones running the country, the only ones to look up to... Ew. That'd be scary. I'd rather have a mixture, a variety, you know...that's what America is about, eh? While I certainly wouldn't want to BE Jessica Simpson or DO what she does, and I wouldn't trade a single part of me for hers, but I am secure enough to say that I respect her talent and her beauty. The Newlyweds Show is fun to watch, and though it is sort of...aggravating at times...it's obvious that she is a real person, with real faults, and heck, it's better than watching some reality TV show with a bunch of geniuses discussing genetic engineering (I know some of you would rather enjoy that :) and living out their lives sitting at their computers and such...
Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment