Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Updates on Everything :)

Maryn:  Maryn attended her big siblings class last night.  We went to Chick Fil A beforehand and had a pretty good time.  I think it really helped her to meet so many other kids her age getting ready to welcome a new baby, too.  She is such a great little student.  She sat criss-cross and stayed focused on the teacher the whole time.  They took us on a tour of the hospital which I think eased her fears too.  She is still scared for me, so please pray for her anxiety.  She has so many worries for a three year old that she can't always verbalize, so who knows what is going on in her head right now.

Josiah:  Josiah needs prayer too.  He is such a snuggle bunny.  I'm grateful he's gotten much more attached to daddy in the last few weeks.  But welcoming a new baby is going to be hard for him, and not being able to crawl up on me all the time is going to be even harder.

Gestational Diabetes:  My sugar has been really good.  I've had a lot more energy the last few days.  I haven't been able to eat a whole lot at a time, so it's been hard to fast for two hours after meals and snacks like I'm supposed to, but I'm hanging in there.  I've had a lot of sweets lately (ice cream mostly), but they don't seem to affect me like the carbs do in breads.  Lucky me :)

I am still in a lot of pain with my back and legs, but having energy sure does make a difference.

Pregnancy:  We had a really good 36 week appointment today.  I am not measuring large, despite what some of you may think.  I haven't gained much weight, despite what some of you may think, and I even lost a pound from last week!  The dr. said he doesn't think I have extra fluid (sometimes the case with GD) or that the baby is large.  The dr. said the baby's head is down and I'm dilated a couple centimeters, which is incredibly unusual for me.  The baby is also really low, so if I did have a chance to labor.....he might come rather quickly! So the question is do I cheat and try to labor some at home if the opportunity arises even though I'm scheduled for a c-section?

What a great thing it would be to have my dream of holding my baby immediately on my chest after labor come true.  And have a short recovery time and not worry about picking up Josiah or snuggling him and Maryn without so much pain.


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Amanda, I know that thinking about that transition can be so overwhelming, but the Lord is with you and your kids and knows exactly what you all need. Our transitions weren't "easy" but I was usually surprised at how well the kids did. They sure had their moments, but it is pretty amazing at how they do adjust-esp when they are so little. Praying God's best for your labor and recovery!

Crystal said...

I pray that you get the labor you want this time and an easy recovery. But whatever happens, I'm sure your third will be a blessing. :)

Anonymous said...

Just take the laid back approach when Owen gets here and you take him home. You are such a seasoned mommy now that things will just roll off your shoulders and the more relaxed about the whole thing, the more relaxed your children will feel too. Moms can always find time or an extra few inches of lap to share with another child. Isn't that the meaning of "MOM"......More of Mom to share :o)

Love you guys and can't wait to meet Owen and see the rest of your smiling faces! I have three bags of stuff sitting here waiting for your momma to get a call! OWEN....come out and play! :o)

Cathy