Saturday, May 05, 2012

 Maryn had some friends over yesterday.

Josiah loves to do what Maryn does.  She sat on a ball and read a book, so he did too.  The only thing was that the ball he chose was really quite small.

It's fun to be pregnant and have an excuse for looking, feeling, and acting terrible.  But I am ready to be skinny again.  I think I will need a lot of new clothes.  I have hardly bought any skinny clothes for myself in years because I keep getting pregnant, growing and shrinking.  But I think we may be done with this whole carrying a baby for 40 weeks stuff, so maybe it's time to make an investment in some new clothing.  Where should I buy clothes?

We went on a date night last night.  It was nice but it was nicer that the kids went right to bed without much fuss right when we got home.  We never know what in the world to do on date nights.  This might make us losers.  We ate at a cheap but yummy burger place, bought Maryn and Josiah each a new t-shirt from The Children's Place (Owen will "give" them to them as big brother and big sister presents the day he is born), we walked around the mall, I went to the bathroom 4 times, and then we came home and watched Ocean's 11.

It's so easy to drop our kids off somewhere.  There's never tears and I don't worry about them (not too much anyway).  I feel like people like them, too.  Maryn's gotten pretty obedient and more respectful lately, and Josiah is just everyone's sweetheart.  I wonder if a newborn will just throw everyone into a tailspin.  I forget sometimes that he's going to be a new little baby, and that I'll love him just as much as I love the rest, and everything will come naturally.  I don't actually think/worry about it much at all, but when I do, I just figure...it's going to be crazy for a while and I'm really going to have to loosen up, lower my expectations of myself.  But we will have a SEVEN month old at Christmas.  A two year old and a four year old.  And that sounds so cool to me.

Thanks everyone, for all your support in these last few months.  This pregnancy has been painful but it's been by far my most cheerful, happy pregnancy.

1 comment:

Andy Koesters said...

Pretty picture:) Glad you guys had a date night-who cares what you do so long as you get to talk:) And I feel you on the clothing issue. The sad thing is, buying an entire new wardrobe is kind of expensive!