We have been having a good old time indoors as we celebrate our rainy days lately. Okay, so it hasn't really been raining. It was actually the "first week of summer," and Memorial Day Weekend. I may sound like a teenager when I say this, but everyone was out and about, traveling, visiting, and pretty much having the best week ever. But we were stuck indoors.
Being stuck indoors doesn't bother me all that much, but I have felt extremely sorry for Maryn and a little bad for Josiah, too. Our zoo membership has run out, so there's probably no hope for going to the zoo this summer. Poor Josiah has yet to see an elephant since he's become obsessed with them. And Maryn points out to me at least three times a week, "We haven't gone to the zoo in a long time."
I know, sweetie. I know.
So I try to make things fun for them. But all the neighborhood kids are having so. much. fun. right outside their windows. Maryn has been such a big girl, such a great helper, and hasn't thrown a fit yet about not being out there. But it breaks my heart. I guess this is what the Baby Blues looks like when you have older kids.
Hopefully my belly will be feeling better soon, and we'll get out there, at least in the mornings before it gets blazing hot.
Washing a baby...this kept them busy for quite a while.
We made these adorable snakes. We did some learning about reptiles and snakes, too.
Maryn and Josiah made a hide out under the baby swing, so I got them to make Indian (Native American :)) headbands. Cutest picture ever.
Owen. He's so cute. We are taking him to the doctor soon because he's had gunky eyes. I think probably just clogged tear ducts. He rolled over the other day, at 9 days old. I couldn't believe it. I am going to try to get him to do it again here soon. And he has grown out of newborn diapers. He's definitely our biggest baby so far. And look at him...he's so contemplative.
I think he's probably a genius. He's a lot like Maryn in the way he watches me. I know they say newborns are blind as bats, but I don't believe it. This baby studies my face and even reaches for me--I know it! He turns immediately when he hears my voice and SMILED, genuinely smiled at me when I sang to him. It was the I Love You (from Barney) song. What a precious sweet boy.
John got home at 10 am today and has the whole weekend off. I get him for almost four straight days!
And we got a new washer today. It is NICE. Like, really nice. Happy birthday to me.
1 comment:
Really wish we could take your kids to play outside! You know this is a random thought but you should talk to Rachel, Joyce's daughter. I'm sure she'd love to run your kids so they could get outside. It's hard being stuck:(
Post a Comment