Josiah frequently lays his head on his sister, and she coddles him like any big sister should. :)
This is Josiah and his baby, whom he cares for so sweetly. I am feeling so good about having another baby boy. That being said, I do mourn the "loss" of the idea of having another girl. Maryn and I were hoping for a little Lucy, but maybe some day, a few years from now, God will bless us with another baby girl. Right now I truly don't think there's room for another female in our home (which I'll explain later).
Here's Maryn (Rapunzel) and Eli (Flynn) attacking Elijah (a bad guy). Don't worry, they didn't hurt him. :)
The last couple days have just been hard on me. All of us besides John had flu shots on Friday and it has wiped us out. Josiah had four shots, and Maryn had three. It was miserable. I like to try to follow a slower vaccination plan, where each kid only gets two at a time, at most. But as a one car family on a tight budget, we fell far, far behind. So I felt it was time to load up.
Anyway, Maryn is just having one of those weeks. It's like she has PMS once a month or something. So moody, grouchy and intolerable. I've been pretty much up to my eyeballs in Maryn madness. Her hormones on top of my already out of whack hormones are not a pretty picture. We really haven't been very nice to each other. I hope she doesn't grow up to be a "mean girl." I feel that she's headed that way sometimes.
Whatever happens with any of my kiddos, I know that God's glory will shine through. I do believe he works all things together for good. And whether my kids grow to love Jesus or despise him, or live their lives to glorify him or live lives of sin and rebellion, His glory will shine through and I will try to show my kids the grace and love my Father shows me. But I sure hope he helps me tap into his love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in the day to day, hour to hour, moment to moment stuff. Isn't that the hardest?
Parenting is hard. hard. hard.
3 comments:
I love the name Lucy! It was one of the names we considered! :) Do you have ideas for your little boy yet?
Congrats, on having another BOY! We are expecting our baby girl in about 8 weeks! I can't wait.
I will take her on her bad weeks. LOL
Post a Comment