The last two days we had our new little friends, Elijah and Levi, over for play time. Yesterday they were with us from 10 am - 2:30 pm! We had so much fun. All four kids played back in Maryn's room for an hour and a half. I didn't even have to go back there at all! I got some mailing stuff done, did some reading, and ate a few treats while the kids weren't looking. ;-)
Levi and Josiah really play well together. Josiah LOVES having boys over!
And um, Maryn loves it, too...
After lunch (grilled cheese!), they colored and did Play Doh and played some more, and then we watched Tangled. Because their nap time is usually at 1:00, and they were all starting to get a little feisty.
After I took the boys home, I told Maryn we'd make cookies. So we got out all the ingredients, and guess who woke up? Josiah, of course. And obviously Maryn didn't want to wait too long to make those cookies (there were marshmallows and candy bars in the recipe, so she was desperate for a taste). So I got to cook with two kids in our miniature kitchen, which I assure you is a great pleasure. :-/
Above you see them helping me cook. Looks fun, huh?
Today we picked up Elijah and Levi, and Elise Downstairs volunteered to take Maryn if I took her son Eli for some boy time at our house. So I had the pleasure of having four boys at our house, ages 1, 2, 3, and 4! It was so much fun. I've concluded that boys are definitely louder than girls, but boys (the boys here anyway) are a little better at keeping busy and actually make less messes. Because most of the time they were just chasing each other and sword fighting...not too messy.
When Maryn came back they spent an hour or so playing "Tangled," and she got to be Rapunzel of course. Eli was Flynn, and he was being so sweet to her! I am really happy about that because Maryn and Eli really used to clash.
Now we are getting ready for a big appointment at the seminary clinic. Josiah is supposed to get four shots. I usually limit them to two at a time, but we are so, so, so very behind and WIC and our pediatricians are starting to wonder about me. Plus our little friend thought she may have whooping cough and I kind of flipped out since Josiah definitely is not fully vaccinated against that. 'Tis the season! But we are staying healthy this year, so far.
Josiah has a pretty bad cold, but I am hoping this time it doesn't develop into bronchitis, pneumonia, etc. like it usually did last year, and Maryn hasn't gotten it yet. Miracle! I am using those Shaklee vitamins in their juice and letting them eat clementines all day. They are both eating and sleeping well, so hopefully we can fight those germs.
Happy Play Time! Serve your neighbors somehow this week. It really is a pleasure. ;-)
Friday, January 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's funny that they look the same height in that pic in the kitchen. I assume Maryn is on the little stool though and Josiah is on the step stool. Too cute.
Love when mom gets to sneak a few treats! We deserve it!
Great that the kids have so many friends and get to be so sociable. Lots of learning going on when you get a bunch of kids together!
Cathy
You're such a good friend to your neighbors:) I hope your kids don't get sick too-esp whooping cough-did he get that vaccine too?? That is a really bad sickness to get and apparently you can pick up on anywhere-shopping carts.
Post a Comment