Monday, January 02, 2012

Playtime with Josiah


Josiah loves to rock in his rocking chair.  He loves to walk right into his Sunday school class all on his own.  He loves to stay at the neighbors' an extra hour after I go home.
 He loves his new toy shelf.  It's the ugly thing that used to be in our dining room.  It was very sad and pathetic looking.  But it looks all right in a little boy's room.
 John and I made a special effort to play with Josiah today.  The kids take opposite quiet times now, and during his nap, we play with Maryn and give her special attention.  But during her quiet time, we clean or get things done around the house, or facebook...etc.  Josiah is such a sweet little boy, but he kind of just does his own thing.  So it's easy to get side tracked, thinking, "He's happy.  He's busy.  I can get this and this and this done now..."  But play time is so important!
So here's to play.  I hope you get to play a little today, too.

No comments: