Tuesday, April 19, 2011

 Josiah!  This boy does not stop.

Here, he did his first drawing.  I wasn't watching my children.  :)
He grabbed the pen and drew us a little picture on the Magna Doodle.
 Maryn's chenille stick people from her Easter mountain celebrated the Passover tonight. Maryn said,
"I put Judas over here so him don't get Jesus."
 I really wasn't thinking much when I made these stick people.  We did it so quickly.  
I just wanted to have one clearly be Jesus so I chose a white stick for him (pure, innocent),
orange for the disciples, pink for Mary Magdalene and purple for Mary the mother of Jesus.
And I chose black for Judas.  I know, I know.  This is terrible!  I didn't realize my mistake
until it was already done.  I'm not sure what I'll do next year but hopefully I'll have a little more discretion.
This picture above isn't very good, but Josiah was tackling Maryn and they were both laughing.  It was just funny.  I wanted to write down a few things Maryn said tonight.  She had a meltdown at bed time and she was yelling about something.  I could not figure out what she talking about, and she was behaving horridly, kicking and screaming and freaking out.  Sometimes she does that when she's really tired.  Well, when she finally calmed down, she said, "I saw the guys on the sidewalk."

I asked her, "What guys?"
"The guys with the vacuums.  Him was vacuuming the leaves."
"Oh, the leaf blowers?  During quiet time you saw him?  He is our friend.  He's nice.  He was just blowing the leaves off the sidewalk so you can ride your bike without falling.  He's our friend."
Maryn starting bawling again, lip quivering, fearful crying!  It was truly awful. 

It's really sad when kids are scared because we can't promise to always protect them.  What do you say to little kids who are truly scared of something?

No comments: