Saturday, April 16, 2011

Maryn's School, Holy Week Day One

 This is our Easter Mountain.  So, the idea is to go through Holy Week day by day with your kids using this mountain and the chenille stem people.  It's sooooo weird and crazy, I know.  But I can already tell that this is really going to help illustrate what events led up to Jesus' death and resurrection.  I am excited to see what Maryn learns.  Tomorrow, Jesus will ride through Jerusalem on a plastic donkey.  The donkey is enormous in proportion to everything else.  And the cross is huge too.  Oh well. 

Here's some other school stuff we've been doing.  Maryn has totally been loving the butterfly unit from aunt Cathy.  See the butterfly she colored all by herself?  Her coloring is getting super impressive! 
 Oh, and I wanted to show you this book from Cathy that is really helping her learn to count and recognize numbers.  She loves I Spy books, so this kind of combines the two skills into one book.  Perfect!  If you're having trouble getting your 2 or 3 year old to count and recognize numbers, a book like this might help.  She loves it.
 We have been reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I told Maryn we were going to use these pieces of manila paper to make a caterpillar, so she painted this (the white mark was actually much smaller but she messed it up before I took the photo:)).  She said, "It's going to be a caterpillar." I had a flashback and thought...did she...remember...the book that we read like, two days ago???  So I opened up The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle,,,
 ...and saw this.
 Now I don't know what you think, but I think that really looks similar!  And cannot be just coincidence!
Isn't she cute in her paint shirt?  I'm not sure but I think she must get it from me.  Her cuteness, that is.  And her creativity.  And her memory.  ;-)

2 comments:

mom said...

wow,that picture is amazing. She is such a smart girl.

Anonymous said...

I think she is a genius for remembering and creating that leaf/egg picture! I also think she takes after ME!!! LOL