After reading Corduroy today, I was telling Maryn she could be like the girl Lisa in the book who saved her money to buy a teddy bear.
Mommy: You can start doing chores to earn money to put in your piggy bank. But you have to do your chores every day. Then I will give you coins to save in your piggy bank.
Maryn: Ohhh...(looking very, very interested).
Mommy: Then you can buy anything you want at the store, if you save up enough money.
Maryn: At Target?!
Mommy: Yes, at Target.
Maryn: Something pink maybe?
Mommy: Yes.
Maryn: Something fuzzy, maybe?
Mommy: Yes.
Maryn: Something pink AND fuzzy, maybe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE it that you are starting her early on the lesson of working and earning her money for those special things she wants! My boys started early too and it is great because even now when Darren wants something, he doesn't just ask for money, he comes and asks...do you have any jobs that need done around here so I can start saving for such and such. Great learning experience.
Cathy
A girl after my own heart. I LOVE pink too! Of course, I also LOOOVE that little girl.
Aunt Cheryl
Post a Comment