Saturday, April 02, 2011

Josiah's First Word!

Just in time for Josiah's 8 month birthday, he said his first word today!  We were playing on the changing table at 7:30 this morning after a rough night.  I had a big purple ball and was rolling it on his body and we were playing around with it as I said, "Ball!" repeatedly like the very enthusiastic speech therapist used to do with Tye.  Josiah pushed his lips together and said, "Mmmbah!"  And then he kept saying it, about five times.  "Bah!  Bah!" 

He's also signing "more" and working on clapping his hands.  When I try to get him to clap (he loves when we clap or when we make his hands clap), he puts his hands together and stares at them.  He just hasn't quite figured it out yet. 

We love you little boy Josiah!  We are proud of you and are excited to see you grow and learn. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh yay!! Harrys first word was dada... and he just started to give in to signing more... he is super stubborn!