Tuesday, December 09, 2008

poop patrol








Today I am frosting Christmas cookies. My Christmas cookies turned out better than they ever have before. I ate one and felt sick. I don't know what my problem is lately. But it was good and it was worth it.
I think I'm getting better with the camera. I took these pictures today with absolutely no effort. The bottom one is after walking with Stacie and London this morning. She's hugging Mr. Greenbear and looking at me like, "Get me out of this thing already!"
She has been so amazing. She's just sitting on my lap now as I type, and she sat in her bouncy for an hour while I frosted cookies. So this mom thing isn't so bad afterall.
EXCEPT for this. I found poop on a blanket yesterday. I have no idea how long it had been there. Then she leaked poop on the couch this morning. Then she peed on her outfit today. And she peed all over her pajamas and the blankets lastnight. She's on her fourth outfit today and it's only 2:00. She's spewing spitup everywhere, too! It's crazy. I guess none of you will want to come to our house now. :)
I wash my hands so often they're about to fall off. I look like I have leprosy.
But she laughed today. REALLY. Laughing, laughing. It makes it all OK.

7 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I totally feel ya with the pooping, peeing, and spit-ups. Libby went through three outfits yesterday and I ran out of onesies. today I contemplated changing my shirt before going to Walmart b/c she had spit up on me so many times, but guess what? I didn't, I wore the spit shirt all day, b/c I new as soon as I changed she would spit up again. Some days are definitely worse than others...but you're right it's all worth it!

Anonymous said...

Count your blessings. I have all these same things going on everyday at work, only I am dealing with a 25 year old and a 17 year old. Try cleaning up after that. Add into the mix that the 25 year old screams at the top of his lungs for up to two hour intervals. It's a good thing I love these guys; it's either that or I'm totally insane.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

At least Maryn is yours and you LOVE her. That makes a big difference. We have a new boy who does nothing but spit everywhere...on people, books, the floor, etc. It is very hard to like a child like that, but I think I am getting through to him now, because I make him stand by the trash can every time he starts his spitting fit and then I take him around the room with a container of Lysol wipes and paper towels and make him scrub all of his spit off the floor. Today we onlyhad to do that twice instead of the whole class period. I am feeling victorious! You should too!
Cathy

bcl said...

Maybe she needs bigger diapers :)...Oh and I'm coming over no matter what- I am so excited! :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to tell you that too . . . try upping her diaper size. Speaking of poop; I smell some right now! I must go.

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you are going to change the size before I buy some.

Amanda said...

Definitely not changing the size. She just moved up to one. The problem is me not fastening them tight enough!