I guess I'll just share a little Ohio story.
John and I were a bit fearful of another poop explosion on the plane, so we were as prepared as we could be. Which is basically no more prepared than a normal mom and dad with a three month old. Diaper, wipes, change of clothes. What else could we need?
We were still in the Canton/Akron airport. We'd only be there for about 30 minutes. Going through security is a challenge while holding a wee baby. John had to help me get my jacket off. He had to help me put my shoes in the bin. I mean, who's the baby here?
I was feeling like John forgot about us as the security guy tried to get me to come through the metal detector and I waited for John to help me and the people behind us waited for us to get our act together. It's just too much pressure.
I looked down as I felt a wetness on my hand (this happens often and I never know what it's going to be), and discover that poop is all over my shirt, up Maryn's back, down her leg, and all over her cute Christmas pajamas that are John's favorite. But I had to still get all my stuff and put half of my clothes back on (shoes, purse, jacket, diaper bag, Moby wrap). And not draw attention to the poop that was all over me.
All I have to say is, thank God for family restrooms. Except that someone walked in on us while I was going to the bathroom. Super.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aren't children just wonderful. Just think of it this way. It is a good story to write down for her. Her children can laugh at her when they are older.
Oh boy, I feel your pain on security check points while holding babies...not fun and very stressful! I'm sorry, but I had to smile after reading the family restroom story. I'm glad you guys are home:-)
I always feel bad when I see the stressed look on parents faces when we travel. A couple of weeks ago we flew into Midway in Chicago and they had a special line through security for parents so they could take their time. It made getting through security easier for everyone!
Post a Comment