Saturday, April 23, 2005

My Second Job and...I'm Hungry

Because wedding and living expenses are getting to be a little crazy and I don't really have THAT much to do on the weekends...and I do need to do something besides lay around and say "I'm so tired," I've decided to pick up a second job. That is, I decided to babysit for this lady in our neighborhood that goes to our church...Sunday afternoons, for about five hours.

Um...it's a bit strange. This babysitting thing. I had to sign a contract that said I wouldn't tell anyone anything. No, really. I did. So that's all I'm telling you.

Oh yes, and I am hungry. I buy five SmartOnes meals to get me through the week at work and two Marie Callender meals to get me through the weekends. I know...that's a lot of salt and preservatives. However, this weekend I haven't done my grocery shopping yet, so I'm unsure of my next meal. Perhaps John and I will go to Steak and Shake after church and I will try a steak burger this time.

Last time I had a turkey club and John's steak burger looked yummier. I love turkey clubs...but the turkey was too slippery and fell out of the bread.

Happy Anniversary! John and I celebrated our final April 19th anniversary this week. We went to the Cheesecake Factory. Yum!!!!!!! I highly recommend the quesadillas as an appetizer, the crusted chicken romano as a main dish, and the Snickers cheesecake for a dessert. And the Brancott wine. Mmmh.

I CAN SEE! I got contacts! It turns out that I have terrible vision and the optometrist could not believe that I could function. I'm adjusting nicely to the contacts. It's my second day. I got glasses, too. They're pretty fly.

Union Rep! I am the new union rep. at our school and I went to my first ever union meeting. It was great fun and I am excited about this new opportunity to step out of my passive comfort zone and start DEMANDING justice. Arrrrrgggghh! That was my pirate voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aye, mate! :)

V