Monday, September 15, 2003

Well hello there! Nice of you to stop by and visit. How was your weekend? Mine was excellent. I watched the most awful football game yesterday between Tampa Bay and the Panthers. They all just kept getting penalties and 15 minutes of overtime took like 9 hours. How annoying is that?

But on Saturday I met the cuuuuuuuuuuuuuutest puppy at the pet store! He is an English springer spaniel and if I had 500 dollars, lived in my own house, and had time to spend with a puppy, I would have bought him. He had poop on his ear. :) But besides that, he was a pretty cool kid. I mean, dog.

Speaking of kids, I start my field experience on Thursday with FIRST GRADERS! Yay! My favorite :) At least it is right now...we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile, I absolutely hate my job because those kids are freakin' psychos. I really want to quit, but what's the chance of finding a work study job right now? Slim to none. Looks like I'll be sticking with it. I dread it every day, I tell ya. I thought they were going to be changing things but um...they're not. So the kids are still little hellians...and I don't blame them because there's really nothing for them to do but pick on each other. If I were rich, I'd build them a new classroom and playground and the whole bit. Actually, if I were rich, I probably wouldn't be here...

It also turns out that my mysterious birthday present is not a surfboard, a blanket, a rug, or skis, and it can't be bought in the state of Ohio. Ponder that one.

Four months until I go to New Zealand. I'm getting excited! I hope I don't hate it. I think I will actually hope for the worst and not set my expectations too high (a la Camp Wanake), so then when it's awesome, I'll be like, "Wow, this is way better than I even expected." But you know, I will miss it here a lot. I hadn't seen Susan since Wednesday and I thought I'd almost die, and I hate the thought of not seeing John for at least another two weeks, and most of all, I miss my mommy. But the good thing about all my friends and family here at home is that I know they'll all still be here when I get back :) They're pretty trustworthy that way.

No comments: