Friday, February 03, 2012

Hearts


Today I am grateful for my husband, who wraps baby shower gifts for me.  I tried to get the trickiest things to wrap and he still managed to do it well.
 I am grateful for two children who could not be more different.  Maryn (in a Peter Pan pose?) practicing ballet and Josiah is his "car" that he and Maryn designed.
 Josiah.  Oh, how he loves dirt.
This has been our life.  We've been outside a lot the last few days, so those times are very relaxed and carefree.  Two hours at least, typically, of my sitting on my rear talking to the neighbor ladies while our kids play and play and play.  Josiah really doesn't get into any trouble, he just loves dirt.  Yesterday as you can see, someone brought out water and he was having a good time making mud.  I did stop that.  I think mud should be saved for spring and summer, just my opinion.  Not quite ready for mud yet!

When indoors, Maryn asks to spell things so she can type them on her little computer or on Microsoft Word, or write them on her whiteboard or paper.  She is such a little nerdy pants (like her mama).  Her favorite word to type and spell and sound out is Antarctica.  Beyond that, I just try to keep her busy so she stops asking to watch shows.  She paints, she does crafts, we play Barbies and make alphabet soup in her kitchen.

And Josiah just throws the ball around, chases cars, pounds on toys, leaps from furniture piece to furniture piece, sometimes making some seriously bad judgments on space and how far he can jump.  He has also started getting a little rough with his sister, and has bitten her a few times now, usually pretty hard.  He has vampire teeth, so it really does hurt BAD.  I've experienced it myself a time or two (oh yes, and it was the reason I stopped nursing a bit early!).  Today he got a long time out in his bed for leaving teeth marks on her arm.

I love my kiddos.  I'm so excited to have a MAY baby, so I'll be able to just go outside and let my older two play and play and play.  I'm thinking we might need to get a new, stronger baby monitor so that I can hear little Owen while we are out.

Happy Spring!  Oh wait, it's February.  :)

No comments: