I thought it would be fun this year to take Maryn out on dates for Valentine's Day. A date with Mommy, and a separate date with Daddy. I've been thinking about what to do for our date for a long time. The first thing we did was stop at our small, locally owned party store that's right near us, Witty's Party Supply. Maryn got to choose a balloon and a new beanie baby.
Then we drove to the mall. She and I have both been dying to buy her new clothes! She's moving into size 4T, so she does need some new clothes. For pretty much the last two years, I've had to suck it up and walk right by The Children's Place (our favorite place to get her clothes). But TODAY we were able to spend $25 there and we totally rocked it. She pretty much got all the things she wanted and we spent $22! It was awesome, and she is a great shopper.I LOVE and appreciate hand me downs, but buying our own clothes is awesome!!
She got two new headbands, a necklace and bracelet, fingernail polish that smells like strawberries (!!!), with a strawberry nail file, and two cute new T-shirts. So sweet.
With our leftover $3.00 we got a chocolate milkshake with a cherry on top, no whipped cream. Which she ordered herself like a very big girl. "A chocolate milk shake with a cherry and no whipped cream!"
When we got home, Daddy made chicken tacos for us, with yellow rice (her favorite). And then we made no-bake cookies. What a great day.
On Friday night, Maryn and Daddy are going to a very special Daddy Daughter Dance. She's been talking about it for weeks.
We love you, Missy Dee Doodle :)




1 comment:
In some pics she looks sooo big and in some sooo small. I bet she had an exciting day. you will have to take lots of pic of her getting ready for the big dance with daddy.
Post a Comment