I love these articles about sensory avoiders, sensory seekers, and sensory activities.
Sensory Seekers and Sensory Avoiders (this is such a fun read, because I think most kids fall to one side or the other. Maryn bounces back and forth but she is more of an avoider than Josiah, who is more of a seeker. And we definitely have some Cubbies who are seekers!)
99 Sensory Activities for Any Kid I think some of these ideas could help me a lot on those days that we are just having a hard time. Maryn hits really moody spots or gets too hyped or too low, and I think these ideas could help so much if I just remembered them.
I could easily become like the famous child psychologist Jean Piaget, who used his own kids as his experiments. lol. I just love studying their differences, observing how they play and their little quirks. Maryn for example, started doing this cute thing when she cracks herself up. She just lays her head down on her arm, like the funny is overwhelming her, and sighs and sighs and giggles, and covers her eyes. So adorable.
And before we left TN yesterday, Josiah was begging us to put him in his car seat because he knew we were getting ready to go byebyes. He freaks out whenever he knows someone is going anywhere, grabs his shoes and demands we take him too. So John put him in the car seat even though we weren't ready to go, and asked, "Do you want to leave Maryn here?" To which Josiah responded with the saddest little face, and shook his head no emphatically.
Josiah is really understanding us more and more, and we are understanding him more and more as well. I love it! I love his age. And even his little temper tantrums are still cute. Tantrums from the second child are cute. Trust me little man, you got nothin.' Your sister will outdo you in the tantrum dept. every time, so give it up, as I just stand here and laugh at you.
Maryn spent the week with adults in TN and she is acting very, very grown up today. She told her grandma that she and I played Cootie "Without the dice because it was just too much work."
I love my kids so much and their little differences and similarities. Maryn is my rainbow and Josiah is my sunshine, that's what I always say. It really makes me wonder what baby Owen will be like. I predict he's going to act like a crazy kid who was raised by wolves OR be totally, absolutely mellow. But I think I'll pray he's somewhere in between!
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well.....you have your sunshine and your rainbow.....need a little rain in there to make that rainbow :o) i think Owen will be a little mixture of both sunshine and rainbow.
Cathy
Of course I want to read more about your awesome kids. I could read about them 24 hours a day. Of course it would be better to see them 24 hours a day. And hug and kiss them. I don't know how you get anything done.
Post a Comment