Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Today we all slept in until almost 9:00.  After we drug ourselves out of bed, we eventually made a birthday cake for Jesus!  
 We kind of waited around for Daddy to come home.  I was exhausted--we all were--due to John's work schedule the last few days and Josiah was up in the night for quite a while.  So we did some school things--learned about penguins--and watched a little bit of March of the Penguins.  Maryn was very interested in the documentary.  She had A LOT of questions though, and some parts are pretty scary or sad.

Then we got ready for Daddy to come home so we could go out to dinner.  The place we planned to go was closed so we went to a restaurant called O'Charley's.  It was SO good.  It was kind of like how Applebee's used to be (really yummy).  I had an amazing dinner.  A steak!  A Caesar salad!  And a loaded baked potato!  Yes!

We drove around to look at lights afterward.  Then frosted and decorated some cookies for Santa, wrote him a letter, and got ready for bed.  Then we read Luke 2 as a family on Maryn's bed and said goodnight.  They are still awake...back in their rooms...and now Mommy and Daddy get to play Santa.  I think I'll eat my leftover steak and potato and let John put together the toys :)

Here are the little rascals dancing in front of the tree.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: