Josiah, a little worn out:
Maryn received quite a treat the other day. She got to help me at the STOVE for the very first time. She was so excited to stir the butter and the marshmallows for our Rice Krispies Treats until they melted. It was a little science experiment. Isn't home schooling great? :)I thought she might want to be at the stove all the time now that I let her once, but she is such a smart, sweet girl. She understands it's only for sometimes. John and I are really starting to appreciate this about her. We chalk it up to our good, old fashioned, inconsistent parenting skills.
Everyone will tell you, "consistency is key!" But in life things just are not consistent. Sometimes Mommy thinks it's funny when you dump baking soda on your head. Other times, Mommy might sit down and cry if you dump baking soda on your head. It's all okay. The kids will be all right. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment