I caught Daddy dancing with Cinderella...
I am pretty sure that almost the only thing that makes John get teary-eyed is when we talk about her wedding day. Or when the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman comes on the radio. I'm saving this pic of them dancing for later...I let Maryn color on the couch during Josiah's nap yesterday!
Here is a picture Maryn made at Cubbies. "This is Mommy and Daddy on date night playing in the backyard and jumping off the picnic tables." Yep, that's what we do on date nights!
Maryn and Ella Grace have been such sweet friends lately. Love them.
Maryn has actually been such a great little friend to all her friends lately. I am very pleased with my THREE year old. Some day I'm sure I'll miss age two, but that day is not today!
Do you know your kids' love languages? Quite some time ago, John and I read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. This book is very helpful in any relationship, I think. There's one for kids and teenagers as well, though I haven't read those. Maryn's love language is definitely quality time. She we will keep you busy. If she loves you...she'll ask you to do this, then that, then this and that. She'll feel most loved if you sit and color, draw and read with her. If you dress up with her, swim with her, run with her, pretend with her, cook with her.
John's love language is also quality time and honestly, it drives me nuts. I love spending time with both of them but oy, it's exhausting! But understanding that THIS is the way they feel most loved helps me understand their need for my time and energy.
Josiah's love language is...can you guess? Physical touch! Yay. I love having a kid who loves to be snuggled, held, kissed, and tickled. He doesn't mind playing by himself and doesn't take it too personally if I ignore him while I wash the dishes...unless he wants to be snuggled, held, and kissed!
I love how my children are different. They are each unique. What will the next baby be like? I can't wait to meet you, baby!
1 comment:
I think you get the non quality thing from me. I can't remember what my love lanquage is. Do you rmemeber us doing this on the beach on vacation. Aren't we just a bunch of fun?
Post a Comment