Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the events of the week

 Above, you see my beautiful princess.  Check out her new princess shoes.  We bought all four pairs of princess shoes at Target with her gift card from Aunt Cheryl.  Thank you Great Aunt Cheryl!  Josiah was supposed to have the firefighter hat on his head but he was not cooperating.

And here, you see that Josiah again was not cooperating and Maryn was not pleased...  :)
Some things we are up to:

Preschool Monday:  We are doing a patty-cake day!  I'm keeping our carpet time simple.  We have sang the same three songs and played the few same games every time and the girls never tire of any of it.  Their little attention spans have improved greatly, but circle time is still a struggle.  This week we are going to try rolling out and poking Play Doh and then we will try making our own real patty cakes!

Food Line Tuesday/RA stuff:  We just had our Food Line.  I have great volunteers helping me.  I truly enjoy them!  The other RAs, Beth and I are also organizing the annual Chili Cook Off.  I am so excited about this big event, but it's a lot of work too!  I wish Alicia was here to help me.  ;-)  There's going to be the chili contest, a pumpkin decorating contest, a bonfire with s'mores, and lots of other things like a cotton candy machine and a popcorn machine, etc.  Very fun!  I need to find a babysitter to make sure our children eat and don't get lost.  Maryn didn't really eat and she got a bit lost last year...oops.  I have a few more places to visit and collect donations for prizes.  I hope we win something!!!

Wednesday night Cubbies:  The last month we have been learning about creation and I'm so glad we're starting to move on.  All the verses are slightly similar, so many of my Cubbies are saying their verses like so: "Um....God made....everything."  LOL

Maryn is quite the little theologian.  Here is a conversation from yesterday.

"This light is ridiculous!  Why is it taking so long?!"  I yelled as we were stuck in traffic.
"You have to be patient, Mommy.  Everyone has to take a turn.  You have sin in your heart and you can ask Jesus to help you."

And this before bed time.

"Maryn, PLEASE lay down, no more whining!"
"But Mommy, I have badness in my heart."
"Well Jesus is strong and good and I know he can help you obey Mommy."
"But it's so hard."

Thursday:  Maybe we will go to the Halloween party at the zoo.  It's better to do it now than later, I think.

Friday:  RA Meeting about the Chili Cook Off!

And John works this weekend.  Boo hoo.  We need a vacation!

Does anyone want to visit us the weekend of November 4th?  We need an overnight sitter so we can get away and sleep, sleep, sleep in celebration of my birthday and our anniversary.  I'm turning 30 and therefore need a lot of rest in my old age.  ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad she used her card for something fun. Maryn is definitely a little princess, so it only makes sense she needs the shoes to complete the effect. Love you guys.

Aunt Cheryl

Jodi said...

I hope someone takes you up on your offer for a visitor:) I think we will be in town that weekend. Well, Andy is for sure coming for a conference at Southern and depending on life, we will be along for the ride. We will for sure stop by, so don't go too far:)

mom said...

When are you having the cotton candy. I may have to be there for that weekend. LOL