Sunday, October 30, 2011

 The Chili Cook Off was so much fun!  I think it was a big success.  I'm not really sure, but it seemed that everyone was having a great time and we got so many sweet compliments on how fun it was.
 These ladies won the Chili Cook Off!  Katie, Renee, and Rachel.  Rachel was the BIG winner, and she got a $75 gift card from Target.  Katie and Renee each got two gift cards for restaurants in our area.  The chili prizes were great, and I was so happy to give them to each of these fine ladies.  It was so fun to bless them for all their hard work and all the wonderful things they do for Village Manor!

Our sweet Maryn won the pumpkin contest in her age group.  I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of the other pumpkins.  I didn't bring my camera because I had so many things to carry, and our camera doesn't take good pictures in the dark.

Jon Gill won the Grand Prize in the pumpkin contest.  He made a pumpkin depicting the parting of the Red Sea, complete with fish made of pumpkin seeds!  It was a close one though.  John's Noah's Ark was super cute, but the Krenzins' bat pumpkin won in the family/adult category.

Miss Annamaria, age 10, won in her age group for a very creative cat pumpkin she made, and I'm sure she probably did do the whole thing herself.  She is a little artist, and so patient in her work.  I was so happy to give her 2 free milkshakes, and she loved her little bear!

There were only two entries in the 11-17 category...maybe we'll change that around next year, but I was so happy to give a prize to two brothers who I know worked hard on their pumpkin (Isaiah and Justin) and who I'd like to see at more events!  I'm not sure if they were ecstatic about their teddy bear, but I bet they'll enjoy their milkshakes...lol.

Today, we are going to watch movies and shows all day.  Maryn slept until 10 am.  I've already watched It Could Happen to You with Nicholas Cage and Bridget Fonda.  Josiah is taking his morning nap, but he did cook me up some bacon before he fell asleep:
While Maryn slept in, this little guy cuddled with me for a full hour on the couch.  Tickling, laughing, getting his back scratched, etc.  I call him the gold at the end of my rainbow.  He may always be my cherry on top.  Just an extra sweet blessing in my life.  My #2 Man.  I wonder if God will bless me with another little guy, or another baby girl.  What do you think?

Farewell friends, and have a Happy Halloween tomorrow!  Hopefully we'll be well rested for some highly competitive trick-or-treating tomorrow night--Daddy's first time trick-or-treating with the kiddos.  It may be a wild race!

No comments: