Diet: Well, the diet part of this regime is on standby. Today I had coffee for breakfast, Velveeta Mac and Cheese, a mandarin orange, and cottage cheese for lunch, and frozen pizza for dinner. The only vegetables I ate were those that were on the pizza. I also had a brownie and a Christmas cookie. And a whole lot of brownie batter.
Exercise: It has begun. I suck. I am so out of shape. I did about fifteen minutes of an ab workout. I did about half of each exercise, and some exercises I couldn't do a single one. My back is whack. And after the workout, my legs were so wobbly I could hardly walk. My LEGS. It was an ab workout, for Pete's sake. Come to think of it, my arms are pretty freakin' sore, too.
So, my goal is to workout fifteen minutes per day. Just fifteen minutes, minimum. If I could just do that, maybe I'll squeeze in more somehow. If it's at 5 am, 4 pm, or 10 pm, whatever. I gotta fit it in.
My diet goal is to convince my dear, sweet and loving husband to eat healthier and possibly give us some more freedom in the grocery budget. And start eating stir-fry again. For some reason he is on stir-fry strike.
I used to run! I used to be able to complete a mile in under six minutes, easily. I could run 3 miles in 22 minutes. And I could complete a half mile in two minutes and thirty seconds. But let's face it, that was ten years and two kids ago. My husband is a personal trainer, with a degree in exercise science. He runs marathons! How did I let myself get to this point? I can't do one full sit up.
I once did the most sit ups in one minute than anyone in my class. It was like, 60 sit ups in a minute. I am not joking. And now I can't do one? One? What the helicopter! That is pathetic.
One reason is because, after Maryn was born, I thought being skinny was enough. I was skinny. And right now, I'm certainly not FAT. But you know what, being skinny is, by itself, not healthy. Being fit is what is my goal here. I know I can be thin. I know very well how to drop ten pounds and weigh exactly what I did in high school. I am fully confident in that. I need to get my butt in gear (I would totally use the A-- word here if I didn't think I'd get in trouble :) and get myself in shape.
Bring it!
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I started my thing this morning too!! I am going to do what I did a year and a half ago when I worked at the YMCA (and no I did not work out there) LOL. This is what I did and lost 16 pounds from June to Nov.
1. EVERY morning as soon as my feet hit the floor by my bed, I did 20-30 toe touches, 100 arm punches/stomach twists, and 10-15 leg lifts and hold (like in army where they lay on back and lower legs to about 5-10" off the ground and hold (really tighten stomach muscles while holding).
2. Cut out Pepsi. Drank LOTS of water and only allowed myself one to two Pepsi's a month.
3. For lunch every day...ate one tomato, Wheat Thins,LOTS of carrot sticks and celery sticks, popcorn rice cakes, etc.
4. Cut out my homemade, extra melted butter popcorn. This one I had to FORCE myself to get used to eating light buttered microwave popcorn.
5. Pretty much ate all my regular foods, just cut my portions down and stuck to one helping....no seconds.
I have gained back about 5 of those pounds so wanna get it stopped before it gets out of hand again!
Good luck and just take it day by day!
Cathy
A mile in less than 6 minutes! I won't tell you that it takes me 10-12 minutes to run a mile because that would be way to embarrassing :)
Yoga is great for your back. I also really like 10 minute solution videos for getting something "in." The kickbox bootcamp is intense :)
You can do it! And if you are do the program I think you are doing then even "in shape" people are sore after they start it! Don't be discouraged! :)
My arms hurt for days after those videos crystal. Closest thing to how I used to train clients I have seen.
Post a Comment