Diet: I did a little better today. Aside from the obscene amount of Christmas goodies (and very, very buttery garlic bread...white garlic bread) that I ate, I did manage to fit in at least one serving of green veggies (frozen green beans that may or may not have been covered with butter and oil, and paired with potatoes...and salt...), a couple servings of fruit and some semi-healthy grains and yogurt. I even saved tater tots from lunch for John instead of eating all the rest, like I usually do. This is a major feat, as tater tots are one of my most very favorite, favorite things.
My MAIN goal right now is to make it from getting up in the morning until lunch without eating junk. So I had my coffee, lots and lots of water, an orange, yogurt (Organic! Low sugar!) and granola. I resisted the brownies and cookies on the counter clear up until the afternoon.
Exercise: I did about 20 minutes of an arm and back workout, and I am feeling great. I love exercising, believe it or not. I love the tightness I feel and that I am a wee bit sore. I love that it hurts to bring my leg up enough to put on pants. John was here for my lovely attempt at push ups. Arthritis in my joints keeps me from doing all that my muscles can do--I could only do about 6 push ups before my wrists couldn't take it anymore.
Good news: I feel great. I feel better looking. I had more energy today (probably mostly mental at this point), and I lost a whole pound since two days ago. I know! It's a Christmas miracle.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment