Friday, September 18, 2009

Maryn's First Happy Meal



Here she is WALKING with her first Happy Meal.
I think we created a monster!

Well, the story goes like this. We were really pressed for time last night.
So we pretty much had to go out for dinner, and though we had
some great Hometown Buffet coupons (which would have been
cheaper than eating at McDonald's), the closest Hometown Buffet
was about 25 minutes away. So we went to Mickey D's instead.

Maryn ate a cheeseburger, which we took off the bun and cut up for her.
She ate a little bit of the bread, and she ate about half of her french fries.
And of course, we didn't give her soda! She drank her water.

They also put cookies in the Happy Meal, so she had some of those.

The big surprise was her Barbie jewelry box with a ring inside.
Her eyes lit up when she saw it. It was precious. I kind of wish
I would have asked for the boy toy though, which was a Hot Wheels car.
She really likes cars. But she likes boxes with trinkets inside, too.

I had two full Cokes and couldn't fall asleep last night.

Maryn was dying of thirst after her McDonald's trip. I believe she's not used to
any sodium at all. So if we do McDonald's again, we probably won't give her fries.
I mean, it was a bad idea anyway--but we were desperate for food! Usually
we have some backup baby food veggies or something, but today's grocery day and our cupboards are bare. So McDonald's it was. :)

Maryn's first birthday is next Saturday! Can you believe it?

I had my Seminary Wives Institute class last night and it was such a blessing.
I am so grateful to be at a seminary where I can learn and grow along with my
husband. Most seminaries don't have anything like SWI. It's great to get out for
a while and come home to my find my hubby and baby girl spending quality time
together, too! What a great family I have. :)


6 comments:

mom said...

They do have toddler toys you can ask for. The wheels on hotwheels can come off and if that ring is small, please be careful. I know, I know, "MOM I know what I'm doing" but I am the grandma now and it is my right to worry.

Amanda said...

I know, I thought about taking it back and asking for a toddler toy, but the ring is pretty big and she doesn't really put it in her mouth. She has tons of cars and she doesn't try to put those in her mouth either.

I will try to remember not to let her eat plums when she is TWO years old!

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting these pics on your blog. Your mom showed me a black and white copy this morning and I wanted to see them in color.

Love, Cheryl

mom said...

Plums..smlums, why do you always rememeber everything? I saved your life and you turned out fine, well except for the brain disfunction that makes you talk back to your mother:)

Unknown said...

I want to hear the plum story. Maybe I heard it before and forgot-that's what happens when you get old.

Unknown said...

It is like Drew and the grape story or Darren and the chicken nugget. Kids just choke sometimes..it is a given. You guys are just lucky to have parents like me and Laurie to smack the crap out of your backs and save the day!