Saturday, September 12, 2009

Family Fun Night and New Discoveries

Family Fun Night was last night on the lawn at the seminary. If you are a Muskie Alum, it was so much like Muskiepalooza. They had about 6 blow up things, including an obstacle course, a jousting pit, a mechanical bull, a slide, and some other things. They had a carousel for the littles, and a few other carnival type rides. They had stands set up with FREE food, just like they always had at Muskiepalooza. AND I had an ice cold can of Coca Cola that was NOT off brand. Hallelujah!

John and I stuffed ourselves with all the food we could handle. When dinner was over, the president of Boyce College (that's the undergrad school here) told us to take what was left. All the seminary students were stuffing their kids' diaper bags with cheeseburgers (everyone has a baby here, it seems...and all seminary students are pretty much poor!).



Here's Maryn on her second ever carousel ride! She loved it.
She was smiling, but it's so difficult to get pictures on carousels.



Here's something to try with a baby! Take a thin strip of wax paper
and wrap his/her favorite treat up in little sections, twisting between
each piece or gathering a few in each section like I did here with Cheerios.
It's a good snack that can keep them busy a while.
Where are the rest of those Cheerios?

Maryn's first Play Doh experience was the other day.
She did all right at first, but right after I took this picture
she took a huge bite out of that ball of Play Doh you see there,
just as if it were an apple. She liked the taste so much,
we had to put the Play Doh away. I guess we'll be making
some of our own edible Play Doh soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time and making lots of new friends!

Unknown said...

Maryn taking a bite of PlayDoh reminds me of when Jordan was little. I was watching him at our trailer and he kept wanting an apple from the table. I told him they weren't real and he went to play with some toys. A few minutes later, I went to get something from the other room. When I came back, there stood Jordan, spitting out a bite of wax apple.

Unknown said...

Amanda, the comments from woozels is me.

Aunt Cheryl