Sunday, September 13, 2009

life and seminary

I had a decidedly introverted day today. We have three neighbor kids who are extremely extroverted and EVERY time I walk out our door I am bombarded with at least 6 questions. They are sweet, sweet kids and I love them. But you know. For real. Every time I walk out the door?

Today I was taking laundry down for example. It was so hot and I was in a hurry. The Little Guy downstairs asked,

LG: "Where are you going?"
A: I'm going to go do laundry.
LG: Are you going to do it in the office?
A: Yep.
LG: Are those the baby's clothes?
A: Some of them. All our clothes are mixed up.
LG: What's that one there with the pink bow?
A: Um....I don't know. I think that's Maryn's dress.
LG: Is Maryn going with you?
A: Yes.
LG: Can I see her?
A: She's upstairs.
LG: Can I see her when she comes back down?
A: Yeah, of course you can.
LG: You have a lot of laundry (looking closely at our laundry baskets)!
A: Yes, we do (I quickly glance down to make sure none of our underwear is sticking out).
--2 minutes pass--
LG: Is she hungry?
A: I don't think so.
LG: Is she wearing a dress?
A: Yes, this is a dress.
LG: Do you always put a dress on her?
A: No. She has pants and shorts, too. Okay. We're all strapped in and ready to go. See you later!

So yeah. Sometimes I just don't feel like being in a college dorm type of situation again. And other times I do. It's a hard thing, when you are an introverted type, to balance between locking yourself up and being depressed or putting yourself out there and getting bogged down in too many things.

In college though I had Kari and Kendra and Lindsay and Veronica and Crystal...and here I have the Muslim family, with the boy I just started "tutoring," and the Sudanese neighbors whose apartment always smells like good things to eat. And the sweet seminary family next door, with the winsome, cheerful, friendly and beautiful mom who makes homemade bread just about every other day. Oy. It's an experience. To say the least.

In other news, I'm feeling like I should get a job. Like a real job. But we only have one car. I really, really hope something--something---anything---happens soon. I need kids to babysit or John needs a much better job.

Maryn. In Maryn news, she fell straight back off the couch today and smacked the back of her head right on the wood floor. It was the most awful sound I have ever heard. I was horrified. Maryn cried for two minutes and was FINE. I was trembling for a good 20 minutes. Shortly after, she was doing her headbanging thing that she likes to do, and busted her lip right open. My goodness!

She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I just love her. She "helped" fold laundry today for an hour. She LOVES to "fold laundry." It is so precious. I tried to take a picture of her doing it but she DOES NOT stay still while "folding laundry." She is busy, busy, busy and won't give me a second. I hope she's not mimicking me :)

No comments: