Monday, June 30, 2008

Power Up!




I am so excited about this iron supplement the midwife gave me, and think you should all try it! I didn't know that iron is a big energy mineral. When you're anemic it means you have an iron deficiency. I thought my exhaustion was due to pregnancy, but apparently it wasn't because now I feel so much better. I was even already taking extra iron in my prenatal vitamins, but this iron supplement is more effective because it's in liquid form.

It is called Spatone, and it comes in these little packets. It's just spring water with a lot of iron in it. You put it in your orange juice and it's tasteless. To me, anyway.

42% of women and children are deficient in iron. Iron deficiencies can cause fatigue, dark under eye circles, paleness, migraines, shortness of breath, etc. But a lot of people can't take iron pills because they're so big or they cause many side effects, especially in the stomach. But this spatone stuff doesn't really have those side effects.

Get it here: http://www.hbees.com/spatoneiron.html

I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't working wonders for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should get some of that. I have to be careful what I take with my thyroid medicine but what the heck, it can't hurt.

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with Drew, I had to take 2-3 iron pills a day and both my kids had to have liquid iron added to their bottles.
I have really good vitamins with lots of iron I still take, but I am always looking at our fingernails to check for pinkness to see if I think we need more iron
Cathy

Amanda said...

My nails are very pink with fingernail polish called, "Baby Pink." Cute!