OK, so no one cares about Avon. Whatever. I do have some slightly good news that means I won't have to depend on my Avon earnings for much. I just may have a babysitting job starting next week, watching an 8, a 6, and a 4 year old every weekday from 7:30-5:30. It's a long day, but I've discovered that I actually feel a lot better when I am busy. Plus, school starts August 18th, which means I'll still have almost a month of vacation until little Maryn comes along. It'll be just a little extra money to help carry us through my months of not making anything.
Maryn is developing a little personality in utero. She moves a lot unless John has his hand on my belly. Either she's stubborn or John has a calming effect on her. She also loves music and moves any time she hears it, especially drums and our favorite shows' theme songs. I heard about a study done on "fetuses" and music. I don't like calling my baby a fetus. Anyway, the study said that babies don't respond more to one music type than another, but they do respond to the theme songs of their parents' favorite shows. They think it has to do with the positive feelings the mother emits as she sits down to watch the show and familiarity of the songs.
Needless to say, Maryn's favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance! I love it, too!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am excited about my Avon. Everytime I take a bath I go crazy!!! I think you should pick a better show for her to watch ( or listen to). Just don't let her listen to CSI.
I Love my Avon too!! I have used each thing I bought so far at least 2 or 3 times! I have used the same hair serum from Avon for 4 years now.
You need to watch America's Got Talent when it shows the semi-finals in Vegas. There is this little girl who JUST turned 4 and she is adorable!!!! She sang the song "Somewhere Out There" from Fievel. She reminds me of what Maryn might look like....big brown eyes and brown hair. Do a search on Kaitlyn Maher...and watch her audition. That would be a great thing to have Maryn listen to...hold your belly up to the speaker! LOL
Post a Comment