I've been a "housewife" for a week now and it's a bit boring and depressing. I know that having a baby at home all day won't be very boring, and I hope that it's not too depressing. I either need to find a job or volunteer somewhere, because this is just getting ridiculous.
I'm not a very good housewife. The cleaning isn't bad and I'm all right with that, but buying groceries by myself with no input is pretty a much a disaster. I spend way too much money when left to shop on my own. This was no surprise to either of us.
John is also too helpful. Since he's working all day and I'm at home, not even with any kids, you would think I'd be in charge of dinner most nights. But it's been him in front of the grill or stove 3 of the 5 nights this week. Yes. I suck. Must learn grilling and stir frying techniques.
The positives of being at home are that I've gotten a lot done around the house that needed to be done, and there are still some things I need to do. I've also been exercising every morning and do get up at a pretty early hour.
I could go places but that costs gas money. I could get some books at the library but I owe them $100 in late fees. Seriously. $100.
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What did you do, steal the books? That is crazy.
I got a bunch of books out for my classroom and didn't return them all on time because they got mixed up with my own classroom library books. :)
We used to do that too, but now between our classroom library and my own personal library...we have plenty of books and no need to take out books
cathy
Post a Comment