I felt ambitious today. I decided to put my cake baking and decorating skills to the test. It all started yesterday with my Good Housekeeping magazine that randomly gets sent to me sometimes. I didn't order it, but maybe God is sending me some kind of message. Anyway, there was a good sounding cake recipe in there, and since I haven't used my skills learned in Cake Decorating 101 since last year, I wanted to give it a whirl. We are having John's brother, Mark, and his new la la la lady over to watch basketball. So I made a basketball cake. This is what it looks like:
Crap.
I did everything wrong. I frosted it when it was still warm, I used too much batter and it didn't cook correctly, the edges got burnt and broke up when I tried to trim the top, I made the frosting too runny, I used too much frosting around the edges, I didn't line the cake board correctly, and I drew the lines crooked. This is because I really, really don't care what a stupid cake looks like. As long as it tastes good. And my friends, it does taste good.
So it's a winner, just like the Jayhawks. UNLIKE Duke, who I eternally hate forever and will never pick to win another game as long as I live. I'm still ranked in the 92nd percentile or something, so that's good, and I am very happy for WVU. But I'm in it for the money, folks. Let's be honest.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
JR will love that you are happpy for WVU. Although he didn't pick them on his real sheet, he did pick them on the sheet where he went with his heart.
Post a Comment