I'm at week 13 now and everyone said I should be feeling better and less tired. The good news is that I do feel much better, my brain seems to be functioning again, and I have more energy, but it only happens in spurts. My back has been hurting quite a bit, but I think that's more work related than pregnancy related.
We heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday, which was really great and a big relief because we hadn't heard it two weeks ago when we were supposed to. It sounds ridiculous, but I was starting to wonder if I imagined the whole pregnancy thing. But no, there's really a BABY in there. I can't believe it.
Another very cool thing is that our baby has essentially everything right now. Now all it has to do is grow. But it looks very much like a baby. It can open its mouth and swallow amniotic fluid (gross). It can open and shut its eyes, suck its thumb, and John is pretty sure he or she is already practicing the breaststroke and butterfly. It can even pee!
Which really is making me sad that people have abortions at this stage. Seriously. If that isn't murder, I honestly don't know what could be. It's a perfectly innocent, beautiful baby. A miracle.
John and I are looking for several ways to save even more money than we already do--beginning with our grocery list. If you guys have any tips for finding good coupons, please share. We don't know where to find them or get them. For our baby shower we might just need Publix gift cards. Publix is our grocery store. :)
I don't think a Ramen Noodle diet would be very good for a breastfeeding baby...
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray for Baby Erdman!! Have you tried going online and printing your own coupons. There are lots of places online where you can do that.
One site is: www.coupons.com
You type in your zip code and it gives you pages and pages of coupons. You can also register to receive a weekly coupon alert. They have recipes also!!!
Hope that helps ya!
Cathy
Thanks! Now we just need to spend 30 dollars to get new printer ink...Any ideas on cheap printer ink? I heard those injection things work, but I'm scared.
I used to be able to get tons of coupons in the Sunday paper but now they are all adds in the flyers and you have to buy 4 of something to get something off. It sucks.
Be wary of those injection cartridges, I know some people who have really had bad things happen with them, including ruining your printer. Also, some stores such as Target have some cheaper cartridges that are supposed to be the same as the name brand. Myself and a friend both ended up buying the brand name anyway, because the cheaper ones didn't work-they dried up (and have fun getting a refund).
Love, Cheryl
Post a Comment