Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Life with DVR

Since the purchase of our something something inch LCD television and a small box that is quickly becoming an idol in the Erdman household, life has not been the same. If you know me well, you know that I am not a huge fan of TV. I've never really liked sitting and watching things, except movies, because it's boring. I'd rather read a book because at least when I'm reading, I can picture people the way I want to and make their voices the way I want them to sound in my wacky little brain.

ANYWAY, for some reason the enormous-ness of this TV mesmorizes me, hypnotizes me and I find myself watching football, the news and John's psycho murder and sex abuse shows (NCIS, Law and Order, Criminal Minds) with newfound passion.

But the best thing of all is that I recorded all of those Janette Oak movies on the Hallmark Channel. Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise... I watch them before I go to bed. Then, I lay awake crying over the miraculous strength all the characters showed throughout their hardships, love conquering all things blah blah blah. They are as cheesy as they sound, but I just love every minute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read Jeannette Oak's books. I have almost all of them, and the nurse I work with, just started reading them. She had never heard of them, but fell in love with them. She said she just loses herself in those books. The books are better than the movies, because the movies left out a lot of stuff and also changed a lot of things. If you haven't checked out her books, you should, because I know you would like them.

autumnday said...

Strike two! You called the plasma an LCD again. You're seriously hurting its feelings.

- Cousin Autumn

Anonymous said...

I told you it would be the best and the worst thing in your life. At least you no longer have to watch commercials. But you can watch more shows therefore it doesn't cut down on TV time. You will never be able to live without it.

Amanda said...

MAN! I am going to be in so much trouble for this LCD/Plasma thing.

I've read a few of Jeanette Oak's books, and I liked them. But I have a book problem. As in, I get addicted and can't stop reading them and don't want to talk to anyone, eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom, until they are done. So I watch movies during the week. :)