Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hello from Ohio!

I've been in Ohio for two days now and boy, is it exciting. But for real, it is so nice to be able to relax and not feel the need to clean the entire house top to bottom or worry about my next meal. Mom always breaks out the food, whether I feel like cooking or not. It's quite nice.

Meanwhile, in Florida, two former girls from our youth group have become engaged! Let me tell you how weird it is to have a student of your own get engaged. I mean, I was their leader when they were 17-18, but still. Weird. Now they're just 19 and 20, but they are both more ready for marriage than many couples I've known.

Just when John and I thought we were done with weddings for a while...

Time to check registries and go dress shopping.

Also, I'm a little bit overwhelmed by Ohio State fans. I mean, we are in Ohio, but I swear there were not this many OSU fans when I left here four years ago, and it annoys me slightly that, now that they're awesome, they have all these fans. Seriously, I knew about TWO Ohio State fans my whole life, and now everyone is suddenly a die hard fan, painting their kitchen red and gray and stuff. Weird.

2 comments:

bcl said...

Hmm...You've got me thinkin now. I know about Alicia and Bradd, but who's the other one??

Amanda said...

Lauren Nolton