I think that Hermie, my hermit crab, has died. But I'm not sure. He just molted, so hermit crabs are supposed to be immobile after molting. However, he didn't bury himself or anything like hermies are supposed to when they molt. And now I've researched molting a little bit more, and I see that it's probably all my fault if he's dead.
It's so weird, because it seems like just yesterday when I could take him out of his cage anytime, and as soon as I put him on my hand he would peek out with his eyes on top of his head like an alien to look at me and explore my hand. And if John came around, he would immediately pop back in his shell.
I thought about getting another hermit crab, but no hermit crab could be as cool as Hermie. I've never killed one of my own pets before. Especially a pet I bought for my class. I'm so neglectful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sure is was just time for Hermie to go. You never now, he could just pop back to life like Toulouse.
Hermie will haunt your haughty dreams.
whaaaat
You can't possibly be as neglectful as Karen was to our little fish named Jose!
The little boy who brought him to class was moving back to Mexico and couldn't take him so we had him in the clasroom the whole next year, but then I had him here for a while and then gave him to Karen for her boys' pet. Jose lived about 3 years all together and then Karen told me he died. She also told me that it probably didn't help that he only had about an inch of water left in his bowl when she realized he was dead. She had totally forgotten him for quite some time. She is a true murderer!!!
That's really horrible. I'm going to call PETA.
Post a Comment