Sunday, September 23, 2007

Here I am again

John and I actually had a social life this weekend. On Friday night, we went out for ice cream with friends and John flirted with the girl behind the counter, asking her for "All Lovin,' No Oven!" If you know my husband at all, you know how ridiculous this sounded coming out of his mouth, especially when it was directed toward a beautiful 16ish girl who had never heard of that kind of ice cream before. She had an astonished look on her face, and the rest of us were laughing, while John stammered out that it was the one with cookie dough and some other stuff in it.

Saturday we had a meeting at church, and today we're having friends over for lunch. This means that I am making two of my specialties: cheesy potatoes and chocolate chip cookies, and John is making one of his specialties: shredded BBQ pork sandwiches. Oh yes, and I made iced tea. Which is very special because no one here in Naples makes their own iced tea.

And just a sidenote for all the ladies out there: My husband has been doing all the grocery shopping. Lovely.

On Friday I was eating lunch with two of my students while we listened to a kids' CD called "Six Little Ducks." Jasmin, age 6, asked me, "Mrs. Erdman, will you burn this CD for me?" And just because she's so adorable, I certainly did burn that CD for her today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you finally have a life:)

Jeff of course said...

Yes, but how does it make you feel?