Sunday, June 11, 2006

Summertime...

What to do with myself? Start a new hobby? I thought about painting dishes. John hates that idea. Go shopping? Yeah. I like this idea. Especially because I'm in some outrageous magazine club and I now get Glamour and Elle delivered to our house every month. It really does make me want to go out and get the stuff they're talking about. Except the belts you put over your shirts...I'm not ready for that yet. I usually think it looks great on other people, but I'd feel like an idiot doing it myself. Or wearing boots over my jeans. Hmmm. I can't do that. Can't do that.

I did finally get into the book God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo. While I didn't like the book or the characters very much at first, I fell in love with both of them by page 80 or so and as I closed in on the end, I had to stop reading it. It's obvious by the cover that the guy in the book dies, and I just couldn't bear it. So, Trixie, Jacob Grace may have died in your world, but he's still alive in mine!

I went on to my second book recommended by Autumn, The Little Friend by Donna Tarrt, which I am really enjoying. Someone in the airport asked me if it was like a John Grisham novel and I had no idea what to say, as I have never read a John Grisham book and I stay away from writers who come out with more than three books a week. I feel that's a good strategy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I almost did the same thing! One night I just blocked out about two hours and cried my way through the end of 'God-Shaped Hole.'

I'm currently reading 'The Eyre Affair' by Jasper Fforde. It's part of a series with a character named Thursday Next. They're super fun. Completely differnt than 'Little Friend' if you want something lighter.

I heard there's a storm heading to Florida already. Be safe! I'm thinking of you...

- Autumn

Amanda said...

Hey! I read that book about 2-3 years ago. I really liked it, too!